Home

Thursday, May 3, 2012

I HAVE ARRIVED!!!!


 I’m sorry to everyone especially my family for making you worry about me! Today was filled with so much adventure already. I’ll skip the part about the airplanes, cranky TSA, awful flight attendants, and plane delays because none of that matters now that I’m in GHANA! We got off of our 10-hour flight and the sweating began then and hasn’t stopped since. It is HOT here but I hardly notice the sweat rolling down my back because I am so fascinated with everything around me. Cassie’s friend Bofoo’s dad had offered to pick us up from the airport and let us stay at his house. We exchanged 100 USD for 178.70 cedi Shannon Dunn was also at the airport patiently waiting for us. She taught Jackie how to play the piano years ago. Such a small world! Brother Kwarteng took us to his VERY nice Ford 150 truck where he had a driver waiting. That was our first indication of how well off he was. He asked us what we would like to do and we told him that we would like to see the Accra temple. The traffic is horrendous here. There is not a direct pattern of traffic. It is a miracle I am alive still with the way people drive here. The Accra temple is gorgeous. It is located in the middle of a very busy area. On the same grounds is Missionary Home and Stake Center. It was very relaxing after our long day of traveling to remember how much the Lord has blessed us with safety with just getting here. Afterwards we drove around a little more to go to a shop to buy phones to call home. We made it to the phone shop around 6 but the shop had already closed so we couldn’t buy phones yet. The boys all make kissing noises at us and hit on us. We then went back to Brother Kwarteng’s house. It was more of a palace, haha. His 2 story house had a pool, pond, gorgeous detailing everywhere. He had 2 domestics and a driver. We all agreed that the interior looked like an old James Bond movie. His wife had beef sauce over rice ready for us. We were so disappointed when she told us we probably wouldn’t get it in Wiamoase or Asamong. Afterwards we changed into skirts to take a tour at the MTC. We saw the kitchen, chapel, and each of the classrooms. We passed by some Abrunis who at first seemed very happy to see us but then quickly looked disappointed because we were not looking too cute. Too bad they don’t like the sweatpants, hair tied, chillin with no make up on look because that’s what we’re going to look like for the next 3 months! I’m not mad about it either! We each took a shower and fell asleep to the sound of rain. We are going to read the Book of Mormon in 85 days while we’re here and I’m very excited about it! I have been slacking a lot recently on scripture reading and I’m glad that I can take this opportunity to really grow closer to God and get back into the habit of remembering Him in every aspect of my life.



I made it!

Accra Temple

Ghana MTC


Public restroom

Wash room

First meal from Mama Esther. Curry Rice and Hardboiled Egg

My room!

First bug encounter, Esther laughed at us because that's a small one and we were freaking out

Emmanuel preparing breakfast for us

Best breakfast ever!

Empty tomb, someone in the village will be buried here within the week.



Secondary School (High School)

The Kwartengs!

People LOVE their photo taken here!

Our bus preacher!

Dinner time! They leave us alone to eat our meal.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh i want those littles boys!! bring one back for me!!

    ReplyDelete