Home

Friday, April 27, 2012

2 Days!!


In less than 48 hours I will be on a plane headed to Ghana, West Africa. It still hasn't hit me that I will be in Ghana in less than 72 hours. I feel like this is just a weird dream that I am going to wake up to at any minute. I have been busy these past few days running errands and getting a few loose ends tied up. I finally got my VISA back and I'm almost done packing! I could not do any of it without the help of my amazing mama that came out last week to help me! Even with the countless frustrating moments trying to find things for my trip my mom hasn't complained once about driving all over Utah county to get things. But if one more store tells me they don't have the converters or adapters I need, I might lose it. My mom made an adorable bag for my host mom to take to the market. She is also the coolest best mom ever for emailing friends and family to put together a scrapbook for me to take. I am so grateful for everyone who helped contribute to it. I honestly teared up with all the love y'all showed me! I am really going to miss my family and friends while I'm in Ghana for three months but I'll have new ones there. This opportunity I have is one of a kind and I could not be more blessed. The Lord definitely showed me His hand in my life these past few weeks.



Almost done packing!

Went to dinner with the cousins, sister, and mom!
I can't wait to be reunited with my sweet family in August!
Miss you guys already!!



"To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.” 


1 comment:

  1. hey girl!!! have fun!!! can't wait to hear all about it! Remember lots of people love you and will be thinking of you :)

    ReplyDelete