Home

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Day 9


Still no electricity! It’s been about 2 days without it which also means no running water and I need to shower badly. This morning I woke up around 8 so we could go to the Internet Café in Agona and do some market shopping. I got really nice emails back from my family and friends. It’s nice to hear about their lives when you feel so disconnected from it all. When I’m literally living half a world away it’s nice to read the email from a familiar face. I had so many emails to write and things to check that we stayed there for 2 hours. We then ventured into the Agona market for the first time. The market is somewhat organized but hectic too. It was definitely a lot cleaner than the Wiamoase market because it’s only a one day event each week. We went back to Wiamoase so the Jackie and Lauren could get their dresses made by our seamstress. We stayed in Wiamoase and had our first group meeting. We made our group and personal goals for the next week.
Group goals
1.      Learn/ Practice Twi
2.      Keep up on our Book of Mormon Scripture Reading
3.      Begin our work
Personal Goals
1.      Work out 3x’s at least
2.      Read 2 chapters of Pushed by Jennifer Block
3.      Go to the clinic 7:30-2 every weekday
4.      Journal Daily
5.      Be Here Not There
It’s important while I’m here to focus on my work and the experience I’m in right now. This week our days should begin to seem shorter now that we have something to fill them up with. Tomorrow I begin work at the clinic. I am very excited about this rare opportunity to volunteer in the Wiamoase Clinic and learn about the clinic and begin my research on why mothers choose that as their primary health care plan for their children.

XOXO
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment