Home

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Gym Tan Laundry, Day 20



I woke up early so I could do my exercising before the sun got too hot. I only did 30 minutes again because I’m really feeling it from Thursday’s workout. My favorite neighborhood boys came over and worked out with me for the last 5 minutes imitating my every move. They got the push-ups down pretty well but when they started imitating my stretches it was pretty comical. I joined Matilda and washed my clothes with her. The clouds were black so we went under the porch right in time before the rain came. I bummed around most of the day not doing anything in particular. Matilda taught me how to make Banku, which is surprisingly vey easy to make. All it consists of is corn dough and cassava dough. She used a metal pot filled with salt water on top of a fire-pit and mixed everything together. It’s not that tasty by itself but you are supposed to eat it with soups or stews. We talked about Ghanaian culture and listened to her backstreet boys CD. I’m so lucky to have Matilda living with us. She’s a 25-year-old teacher from Kumasi. She speaks English very well and is always teaching us how to do things properly around the house. She always has her girlfriends over so it feels more of a sorority house sometimes. I am getting so sick of the starchy food around here I hope I can get creative and prepare other meals without rice, pasta, or bread soon.
My new gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment