Home

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day 18



This morning I went to work at the clinic and realized how amazingly slow it was. There were probably 20 patients in the whole facility. I spent most the day talking to Comfort and the other nurses. Then a woman came in on the back of a motorcycle with her foot bandaged up around an old shirt. The nurses told me to go in and watch them dress the wound. Her husband put her on his back until she got into the Dr’s office. She put her foot down leaving bloody footprints everywhere. They unwrapped the foot and it wasn’t pretty. I’ll spare any one who is squeamish and won’t share any more details but it made me sick to my stomach looking at it, literally. I’ve never been bothered by blood or injuries before but this one was pretty bad. I was anxious to get home and relax. I ate lunch and recorded my notes from the day before doing a workout from my Nike Training Center App on my phone. I love this app. It has so many workouts on it that I don’t know if I’ll even be able to do all of them before I leave. Most of the workouts just require small weights or a medicine ball. When I’m working out I usually have an audience of kids looking at me like I’m crazy. I’m sure I do look crazy running around the small courtyard and using a stone I cleaned off for a weight. I showered, read a few chapters of Pushed, and got ready for bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment