Home

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Day 26



This morning I woke up to the delightful sound of rain. I realized that if it’s raining then there wouldn’t be any patients at the clinic, so I waited for the rain to let up before going to the clinic. After a couple hours I went to the taxi station to go to Agona. I needed to check on some coursework and email a few of my professors. I received an email from a friend that totally made my day. I love getting emails and messages from friends and family and hearing all about their lives. Everyone’s lives seem so busy compared to mine. I am living in African Time where 10:00 is more like 10:45. My coursework and the research approval staff was very annoying and left me very frustrated. I came home ready to take a nap but opened my scriptures instead to 2 Nephi 22:2. “Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation.” I absolutely love that scripture and couldn’t help but be so thankful for the gospel and scriptures. I was overcome with the fact that I can put my faith and love in Christ and He will always be there for me. I bummed around for awhile before Cassie got home and we did a workout together. It was so fun to have a workout buddy. About 15 minutes into our workout Kofi came over and did a few with us. I still had a lot of energy afterwards so I played around with Kofi some more. I love that he shows up literally every time I’m having a bad day. For dinner I ate some delicious food Esther gave us then stayed in my room doing coursework and writing in my journal.

XOXO
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment