Home

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

4 weeks!



I’ve been here for a month already, I can hardly believe it! I’m so amazed at how fast time can seem to go. This morning I woke up around 7 to read my scriptures and listen to conference talks. It makes such a difference to me to start my day off with a spiritual reminder. It takes about 40 minutes to get to church because we have to get a taxi to Agona before going to Asamong. It costs us 1.60 each way, which is about 1$. I love going to church even though the lessons are in Twi, the hymns are all sung in English. I accidently burst out laughing today because the conductor was starting us off for a song with the strangest tune. Everyone else was laughing too which made it so much better. The members really focus on getting the words right so sometimes the tune of the song goes out the window. During church I mainly right in my journal and read scriptures. For a couple of weeks I have been writing the pit, peaks, and praises of each day. The pit is anything that upset me, peaks are anything that made my day great, and praises are anything that I am thankful for that day. I only have around one pit a day and it takes a lot to think about it. It’s so much easier for me to think of the peaks throughout the day. I have so many that I fill up about half of a page each day just with my peaks and praises. We went back to Mama Doris house and had bean stew over fried plantains. I led the group meeting this week and focused mainly on how important it is to not be too fixed on the future. Don’t worry about what happens, it all works out in the end. After a wonderful group meeting we watched Pride and Prejudice. We had a fun time assigning characters to each of us and I’m embarrassed to say I was assigned Lydia or Kitty. After the meeting we went out and walked around the courtyard because we were very tired of sitting all day. We all miss going on Sunday walks but those are completely impossible here with kids yelling at us every 10 seconds. We’re all looking forward to going on Sunday walks in peace once we’re back. This Sunday was great just like every other Sunday here. It’s weird to think that I’ll be gone in 9 weeks. It feels like I have only been here a couple weeks. The time I’ve had here has been so unique. I’ve been able to grow in ways I didn’t think possible before. I find myself thinking and wondering about things I wouldn’t normally. I am constantly amazed at the beauty of this earth and The Creator of it. I am so blessed to live on this earth and have trials and experiences.
XOXO
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment