Home

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

5 Weeks!!


This morning I woke up from the worst dream yet. This stupid doxy gives me such lucid dreams. I went home in my dream last night like I usually do but this time I woke up actually thinking I was home. I don’t find myself being as homesick as I thought but it’s still hard to be so far away from them without much communication. Our power was still out when I woke up but turned out about 10 minutes before we needed to leave. Our taxi driver was maybe going 45 km the whole way there so we were kind of late to church. It was testimony meeting today so while the members got up and bore their testimonies I read a considerable amount of my scriptures to get caught up on our scripture reading chart. After sacrament meeting some of the leaders asked us to teach young women’s because their teacher didn’t show up. We sat the girls around in a circle and attempted to have a discussion from the For The Strength of The Youth pamphlet about education. I’m not sure if the girls are typically that shy or if it was because of our presence. We had to have a translator for the lesson and even then the girls acted like they had no idea what we were saying. I was able to share some neat personal experiences with the girls. One girl who wants to be a nurse asked me what to do if she comes into contact with an experience in the hospital that might be too much to handle. I gave her my experience of my freak-out over the motorbike accident injury and how I was able to pray to my Heavenly Father and ask Him for strength in the days to come that I might know if I really should be thinking about becoming a Physician Assistant. It wasn’t until then that I realized why I had that experience. We had to fill up another hour with another lesson so we went into talking about family. We each shared what we learned from our parents and siblings and how they have strengthened us. My mother has shown me how to be patient and my dad has taught me how to love everyone around me. My siblings have strengthened me and listened when I was going through a hard time. I learn so much from my family that it is really going to take all of eternity for us to learn all that we need to from each other. We ended a bit early and began walking back to Mama Doris’ house for our group meeting. Our group meeting was lovely just as they always are. Cassie brought The Testaments for us to watch. I have never seen it before and it was so uplifting. Watching the movie really reminded me of how much Jesus Christ suffered for my sins and how important it is for me to make the right choices. I love the chance I have to read the Book of Mormon while I’m here because I can really read it as a story and follow along with all of the different characters. After the movie the girls helped me fix my IRB in hopes that I soon get approved so I can officially start doing interviews.  Mama made us a delicious green leaf stew over rice. We ate every last bite of it. Cassie and I love going over to the house because it’s the one time we get to eat real Ghanaian dishes and we don’t have to do any of the cooking. We played Skip-bo with King and left by 6 so we wouldn’t be home too late again.

No comments:

Post a Comment