Home

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Day 74



Today was quite uneventful. Before I went to the clinic I stopped by Elizabeth’s shop to pick up my skirt. I was so shocked at how great it looked. This is another skirt that I will wear once I’m home. I tried it on underneath the skirt I was wearing and decided to wear it that day. I paid the seamstress then continued my walk to the clinic. A few men told me to stop and talk but seeing that they weren’t in a quite sober state at 9 in the morning I declined. I spent the next few hours at the clinic in the dispensary helping out. Only Gideon and Edmund were working today. I did some informal interviewing on them and go some great material again. I closed at 2 and went to the market to pick up a couple of things we needed for the week. Cassie was in Kumasi so I did the market shopping alone. I picked up some onion, green pepper, egg, and bread. These have become our staples since we’ve been here. Cassie and I have had fun experimenting and cooking up new recipes. We hate it when Matilda or Madam Esther watch us cook because they are just as confused as us about what we’re making. The mixture of food seems weird even to us but we always love it. We put nutmeg, onion, and green pepper in almost everything. This experience cooking here has really motivated me to start cooking a lot more once I’m back in college. I know that if I can get creative with these few ingredients in the Wiamoase market I can do wonders with an actual grocery store of a thousand different things. After I came back from the market I did my notes until Cassie came home. We worked out together for half an hour then prepared our egg sandwiches for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment