Home

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Day 60


This morning I woke up and it was pouring down rain. It has been raining ever since last night. I had to wait till the rain stopped to go to the clinic so I allowed myself to sleep in a bit before getting ready to go to the clinic. Well I hadn’t figured it out till later that yesterday I had washed ALL of my clothes and had nothing to wear to the clinic. So I opted to not go to the clinic today and spend it catching up on my coursework. I did notes, read my scriptures, read the hunger games, watched a few episodes of friends, and read a lot of my coursework assignments. It didn’t rain for a few hours so I had a skirt and shirt that weren’t too wet but still a bit damp. They were the driest things I had, so I put them on so I could get out of my pajamas. I got them right in time too because less than 10 minutes later it began to pour for half an hour. Once that round of rain stopped, Cassie and I had to get out of the room before going crazy. We put our rain jackets on and headed out into the town. It was barely drizzling while we walked to buy some water and a card for our phone. We saw Matilda hanging out in front of the police station with a few friends. She is really like our older sister here teasing us about our bright ridiculous looking rain jackets. It’s like the typical older sister to be embarrassed by what their younger siblings do in public. We went to the market to buy some onion, bell pepper, and spices. We are always hungry in between meals with nothing to snack on so we bought a huge satchel of “Obama Biscuits”. Cassie got one yesterday and they taste just like Graham Crackers. We thought it would be funny at first but they are really good especially with my nutella on them. We walked home from the market to make our tomato stew for dinner. We wanted to make enough to last us until Saturday night. We sort of experiment when we cook here just adding different spices here and there and using a lot of water to extend our meals to last longer. While we were making dinner Grace told us the game of Germany vs Italy was on so we quickly made some pasta and poured our red sauce over it. I was rooting for Germany but sadly they lost and Italy became the other competitor for the world cup. Once the game was over we went back in and did notes and our coursework. I feel so blessed to have such an accommodating host family with such lovely girls to spend time with. I’m just sad Grace wasn’t here earlier for us to hang out with.
XOXO
Ama

No comments:

Post a Comment