Home

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day 66


Happy Independence Day! 
Today at the clinic I started it off at the dressing room while taking observational notes. The chief did most of the procedures with almost 4 nurses in the room standing around the whole time at this beck and call. They didn’t do much except hand him the occasional piece of tape and cotton ball. Once we were finished in the dressing room I went to the Dispensary to help out again. Today I felt that I wasn’t useful but in the way most of the day. Only Gina and Edmund were working but Gina was sick the whole day.  She slept while Edmund filled out the prescriptions. I closed around 2 to go home. As I was walking home I saw Serwaa Antwi the plantain seller and asked her if I could interview her for my project. She said she was more than happy to do it and I could meet her at 2 tomorrow. My 30-minute walk home made me annoyed at every child in Wiamoase. I am surprised every single time but whenever I am upset my friend Kofi always shows up. I was just about to turn around to the noise of little feet chasing after me to tell them to go away until I realized it was Kofi. I don’t know what it is about this kid but he always makes my days better. He probably speaks the least English out of all the kids we know; yet he is my favorite. He is such a spunky kid that you can’t help but fall in love with him. He asked me for the drum to play with so I handed it to him and sat in my chair and watched him. I remembered that I still had sheets of stickers left so I got those and let him play with them. I can’t wait to be a mom one day and have craft days with them. Little kids imaginations are so funny I just want to know what they will create with markers and stickers in front of them. We were playing with the stickers on the patio bench but it started to rain so we moved under the covering and continued our craft day. Kofi filled up a little sheet with all of his stickers so I gave him a bigger piece of paper to fill up. He spent the next hour while it poured filling up the whole page. Cassie stayed inside the whole time doing notes so Kofi ran into to show her his page of stickers. He was so proud of it. Kobi came over too so I gave him the rest of the stickers Kofi didn’t use. Cassie and I had to go out and meet a friend so I told Kofi he had to go home. He handed me his page full of stickers but I told him that he should keep it. His face lit up as he said something to me in Twi and ran away with the biggest smile I’ve ever seen on him. While out in the town Cassie and I bought more of our favorite Obama Biscuits and bread. We went out to meet our new friend so she could teach us Twi like she promised but she wasn’t home. Once we got home Kobi was still doing stickers so I sat and watched him for a while. Once he left I went in and did some coursework. I made dinner and had another great discussion with Cass. Honestly I can’t believe how close we’ve gotten over these past couple of months. We help each other out in ways I can’t even explain. As different as we are, we help each other so much. I read my scriptures after our talk and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment