Home

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Day 73



Last night I was not very happy with my body deciding to stay awake until 6 a.m. Cassie left for the Internet Café around 9 I think but I didn’t wake up until 10 getting a full 4 hours of sleep in. I too needed to go to the Internet Café so, in a daze, I walked to the station to catch a taxi. I didn’t have anything at the house to eat so once I arrived in Agona I grabbed some fried rice and ate at the Gentle Spot with a Orange Fanta to drink. I had to email professors about coursework and once I finished that I just browsed the Internet mainly seeing what was going on with Facebook. After the Internet Café Cassie and I came home and ate a delicious banana nutella sandwich. I put on my workout gear and picked a workout from the Nike Training Center App. Cassie joined me today which always makes the workouts 10 times better. I love workout buddies because when someone else is working out next to you, you’re less likely to slack off. Our power was still out which meant so was our water so I just took a nice bucket shower with the cold water. Even after the dozens of showers I’ve taken here I still can’t get used to the cold water. I do have to say that bucket showers are the most water efficient ways of showering. After we both were clean we hopped onto my bed and watched the Blindside. It’s one of my favorite movies so I was very happy about watching it. After the movie we both realized that we were itching a lot and had a lot more bug bites of some sort on our legs than were there before the movie started. For awhile we thought that we had bug beds but we haven’t been able to see any and they aren’t biting us leaving blood spots on our bed. So I pulled out my handy dandy iTriage app on my phone and looked up bug bites to see what we could possibly have. After looking at this and calling Cassie’s mom we came to the conclusion that we have fleas. Gross. I could barely touch my bed afterwards. This was the first time that I have really just wanted to be home right this second. Jackie and Lauren have huge rashes on their body, Cassie and I found black colored mold in our fridge the other day, and now we have fleas. We are all falling apart right at the end. I just hope we can all make it to the end without malaria or other serious problems. After our slight freak out about our health problems starting to pile up I wrote up some notes and recorded my women’s health info.

No comments:

Post a Comment