Home

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Day 64


Today I was absolutely exhausted so I slept in till a lot later than normal. Once I finally did get out of bed I made some oatmeal and went to the clinic. Gideon was working again, which meant he was going to keep me busy all day. The other days he called me his personal assistant and kept calling me Auntie Ama when he needed to talk to me. Today Isaac spent most of the day in the Dispensary too so we all had a nice talk as I dispensed the drugs. It’s funny how easier it gets once it isn’t all new and scary at first. I was on my feet all day and loved it. Most of my friends at the clinic know I hate sitting around so they will give me little tasks but Gideon gives me hours of work at a time. Today I filled out a report of all the drugs needed at the pharmacy and Gideon filled in the quantities. Once the drugs arrived, we arranged them on the shelves while still filling out the patient’s prescriptions. Gideon bought me a coke to thank me for helping out but I couldn’t thank him enough for keeping me busy all day. Around 1:30 the other pharmacologist Gina came into work so Gideon left. She told me to just sit and record the folders as they come because I don’t think she knew Gideon taught me how to help out with the dispensing. I filled out the 50 charts and dispensed for a few patients. Gina was very impressed that I knew where the drugs were. I left around 3 and had a pretty silent walk home. Not too many people stopped me to talk to them, which is always a nice break. I got home, pretty tired from the day, and laid down for a bit and finished reading the second book of the Hunger Games. It’s kind of a joke between us how much we feel like we’re in the Hunger games sometimes looking for familiar food in a foreign land with new predators. I so wish that I could have the third book to read here! It looked like it was going to rain so I worked out and showered before then. Cassie had already started dinner by the time I was out of the shower so there wasn’t much for me to do. We made delicious groundnut stew with rice. I could probably eat this for the next 4 weeks and be satisfied… and fat. After our dinner Cassie and I came in and had another really long discussion about everything. When we start talking we really get into so many topics I don’t even remembered what started it all. We talked about relationships, friends, and changes we’ve made. We made nutella cookies for everyone to eat tomorrow while we talked. I could not have picked a better person to room with if I tried. I am so happy with how well we have all adjusted here and glad that we still have a few weeks to enjoy ourselves here.  
XOXO Ama

No comments:

Post a Comment