Home

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Journal #12


This week is the first week I feel like things are finally going my way! My passport problems got situated, I scheduled my vaccinations, posting journals has become much easier, and I’m reading really interesting articles influencing my project. So I guess you can say it has been a pretty good week (knock on wood). I am really starting to feel like everything is finally making sense. On Monday we talked about ethics and I although I’ve briefly thought about them I’ve never really sat down and written out exactly what ethical issues I’ll run into. I guess that’s why doing these journals is so constructive.
1.     My research involves children.
Right off the bat this could throw up tons of red flags. I cannot directly involve children into my research but I need to go in a round about way and involve their caregivers.
2.     My research involves women.
I’m not entirely sure on the position women have in the house hold but in certain countries I know the women is beneath the man and is only allowed to do what he says. I could run into those who do not want their wife being involved in a research project.
3.     I am asking about personal beliefs on what medical care they choose.
I could come off as being judgmental in a way if I don’t watch my reactions. I don’t want anyone thinking that I prefer a different method opposed to theirs because they could either clam up or fight with me. I don’t want either to happen obviously so with further methodology practice that will get easier.
4.     I am involving the health care industry.
There can be very personal issues within the health industry. That is why doctor-patient confidentiality is so necessary. I realize there are some things that people do not wish to talk about to a total stranger like myself. By building up relationships with people I think this issue can be broken down little by little.
I know there are so many more ethical issues that I haven’t even begun to go into but with the help of this prep class I think we’ll be able to dive further into each of them. But for now, wish me luck on the 500 shots I have to get today!

No comments:

Post a Comment