Home

Monday, February 13, 2012

Journal #7

Africa
This weekend I realized how small of a world we live in really is. While at a party I met a guy from Ghana and talked about it with them for a bit. They told me the thing the loved the most about Ghana was the people. They are friendly and welcoming to you despite their living conditions. I can completely relate to this because that is one of the main things people say about Texas. Then on Saturday, while at a house party, I talked to a couple guys whose grandparents both served missions in Ghana. The main point their grandparents stressed was not to eat the vegetables or drink the water. They had a couple of funny stories of missionaries who had been out long enough and thought they could start eating fruits and vegetables and suffered the consequences.
Hearing things about Ghana makes me less nervous to go and making it all the more real. I am nervous about the work load I have to do but in the end it will all be worth it. I still have a to-do list ten miles long but I know that everything on it is critical to my success in Ghana.  In class on Wednesday we did a source analysis web. I realized I need to do more research on the Country of Ghana and more on what issues affect the under-five population.


76 days left!

1 comment:

  1. Take a look at this post by Cassie: http://anthroprep21.blogspot.com/2012/02/tribal-customs-of-primitive-peoples-in.html
    I bet you guys could have a really awesome discussion about this!

    ReplyDelete